The 6th UX Awards Summit
November 9, 2017 in Palo Alto, CA
An inspirational conference and showcase for UX leaders on the #FutureofUX
40+ Speakers from 6 Countries + 30 Talks + 21 Case Studies of Exceptional Work
PHOTOS | INTRO | SCHEDULE | TALK TOPICS | VENUE | SPEAKERS
JOIN US IN SUNNY PALO ALTO FOR AN INSPIRATIONAL, KNOWLEDGE-SHARING INTENSIVE FOR SENIOR UX LEADERS
PLUS: A FREE DESIGN WORKSHOP, INTIMATE NETWORKING, CATERED MEALS AND A CHAMPAGNE RECEPTION
The 6th UX Awards Summit is one-day and evening immersive event at SAP in sunny Palo Alto CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley and just outside San Francisco- with pre-event dinner, workshop and regional tours the prior day (Workshop and VIP dinner are full).
See the best in the #FutureofUX for VR, AR, IoT, IIoT, Education, Health, Devices, Enterprise and more.
Hear talks from all judges, board members and finalists, plus meet fellow senior UX and design leaders. SAP’s venue offers professional A/V, on-site catering, plenty of rooms and space, and a stunning roof deck with views of the hills that’s perfect for our reception.
2017 EVENT SCHEDULE
ADD-ONS: WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2017
FREE ADD-ON WORKSHOP- FULL | 10:00AM-1:00PM
- · Workshop: Innovation by Design – An Interactive Workshop to Transform your Organization
This workshop is free for the first 40 attendees who register for it. Information will be shared about registering for the workshop after ticket purchase. READ MORE ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
VIP DINNER- FULL | 7:00PM-9:00PM
THE SUMMIT: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2017
MAIN CONFERENCE REGISTRATION OPENS | 8:30AM
40 DAYTIME TALKS | 9:00AM – 6:15PM
- · 15 minute fast-paced talks and QA sessions from the 8 expert judges, advisory board members, 21 finalist winners and invited special guests. This is an intensive knowledge-share and learning opportunity from the most senior UX professionals in the industry
- · See project case studies and hear from cutting-edge teams in VR, AR, IOT, IIOT, Education, Health, Devices, Enterprise and more.
- · Read about the speakers
- · Morning coffee and light breakfast items, lunch, and afternoon coffee, and light food at the dinner reception will be provided
EVENING PRE-AWARDS RECEPTION | 6:15 – 7:30PM
- · Share the sunset and enjoy incredible views of Silicon Valley and the surrounding hills from SAP’s heated rooftop! Enjoy evening champagne and passed light hors d’oeuvres before the evening showcase.
EVENING PROJECTS SHOWCASE AND DISCUSSION | 7:30PM – 9:45PM
- · See the winning projects in full! Watch 3-minute video overviews of all 21 winning projects: Grand, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Honorable, People’s Choice, Top Rated, Most Popular and Student
- · Hear from each of the judges on how they evaluated the submissions
- · Meet the winners, and hear the Grand and Gold winners talk about their projects
CLOSING CELEBRATION | 9:45PM – 10:30PM
- Join us for a final closing celebration!
DAYTIME TALK TOPICS
THE SUMMIT VENUE
NOVEMBER 8, 2017 WORKSHOP *ONLY*: SAP AppHaus, Building 9, 3475 Deer Creek Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304
NOVEMBER 9, 2017 SUMMIT: SAP Palo Alto, Building 1, 3410 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 GOOGLE MAPS LINK
ADD-ONS: WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP & VIP DINNER
COMPLIMENTARY SAP DESIGN WORKSHOP, WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 8 2017- NOTE: THE WORKSHOP IS FULL
- · SAP is hosting a complimentary workshop, “Innovation by Design – An Interactive Workshop to Transform your Organization” on Wednesday November 8. Only registered ticket-holders can attend this workshop.
- · Details: 10am-1pm November 8, 2017, SAP AppHaus, Building 9, 3475 Deer Creek Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- · Summary: How Innovative is Your Organization? The Design Management Institute released a report that shows clear positive correlation between design driven organizations and shareholder value. It shows that design-centric organizations have outperformed the S&P by 211% over the past 10 years. Such companies go beyond using design as a service, seeing it instead as a catalyst for organizational change and something that should drive business strategy and innovation.
- · In this interactive workshop, participants will:
· Learn the three pillars of an innovation culture
· Understand the stages of an innovative culture
· Assess your organization’s innovation readiness based on our framework
· Work in teams to understand common barriers to your innovation journey
· Brainstorm strategies to overcome these barriers
We will share with you resources that will help you in your innovation journey. Join us to create an action plan to transform your company into a design-led organization.
- ·You will receive a link to register after you purchase your UX Awards Summit registration
VIP DINNER, WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 8 2017- NOTE: VIP DINNER IS FULL AND VIP REGISTRATION CLOSED
- · All VIP registrants will receive information a week prior to the event to join us for a complimentary private dinner and drinks on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 7pm.
- · We recommend booking a hotel or AirBNB in nearby Palo Alto for easiest access. San Francisco and San Jose are each about 1/2 hour – 1 hour away by car, depending on traffic. We recommend booking as early as possible, as Palo Alto and San Francisco are some of the most expensive areas in the country.
- · SAP’s venue in Palo Alto is not available by public transit, but it is very easy to use Uber, Lyft or other ridesharing services. You can also take an Uber or Lyft from nearby Caltrain stations. Caltrain trains connect San Francisco and San Jose to Palo Alto and run roughly every 20 minutes- hourly, depending on the time of day.
- · San Francisco International (SFO) is the closest airport, but you can also consider flying into San Jose (SJC)
SELECT 2017 CONFERENCE PHOTOS
THE CONFERENCE VENUE
THE SAP WORKSHOP