Axis Bank is one of the leaders in the Indian Banking industry. With the substantial growth in mobile usage, Axis Bank wanted to build a mobile website to better connect and engage with their customers. We noticed that most banking mobile sites in India were content-heavy or just a web-adapt version. We believed that today’s users deserved a mobile site that was as smart as their phones are – a mobile site for smart banking on-the-go!
• Create a mobile site that was optimized for today’s smart phone
• To facilitate instant access to services and products
• To give easy and intuitive experience of banking on their personal device
• Position Axis Bank mobile site as the most effective and efficient
• Simple and clutter-breaking communication and user interaction
Business goals and challenges
Goals: Create a deeper relationship with the customer by providing convenient and state-of-the-art banking solutions
Challenge: Creating a mobile site for smart phones that gives an app-like experience.
User goals & challenges
Goals: Information and service seeking
Challenges: Like in any emerging trend, there exist few barriers in the adoption of mobile banking due to the security/privacy, customization, downloading and installing application
User experience process, methodology and approaches
- This step involved a detailed understanding of the business needs within the given context.
- These needs were aligned with business objectives and requirement documents had been created to ensure that all business objectives are covered.
Information Architecture & Navigation Planning
- The above input was translated into a Sitemap indicating the overall navigation plan.
- It was decided to display different levels in navigation and brief content on each page
Visualisation & Layout Development
- Detailed wireframes were created with interactions and by following the design guidelines of Axis Bank
- Look and feel of the mobile site was clean, minimalistic and contemporary
The two major groups of user or user characteristics - get the information and use the website to seek services whereas the other users mainly seek information and reach out to the banks to get their services.
- Information seekers
- Service seekers
- Why this project is worthy of a UX Award:
- The mobile site offers a rich app-like experience on smart phones
- Use of native features like automatic location determination and accelerometer
- The intuitive swipe-n-go navigation style that enables you to access almost any information in just about 3 taps
- Larger buttons and font sizes optimized for touch screens
- Customized approach to product discovery based on user needs with a drag and drop interface
- Other useful functionalities like Branch locator, ATM locator, Tax centre, etc.
- Submitted By: UX Labs